Posted: Saturday, December 23, 2017 12:47 AM
Requisition ID: 40195
Job Function/Category: 55589
Employment Type: Non:Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity and inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy
This is a Project position designed to support project work for a limited duration. While the exact duration of the project is yet to be determined, we currently anticipate a period of 3:5 years based on business needs at the present time following which you will separate from the Company. It is important for you to understand that this period may be shortened based on business needs in the future at which point you will separate from the Company. It is also important for you to understand that this employment is of a limited duration and that you will not be entitled to separation benefits under any PSEG plan at the time you separate from the Company. Director Level approval and waiver will be required for you to bid on other PSE and G opportunities within the first 3 years of assignment. From year 4 through the end of your assignment, Director level approval and waiver will not be required. If your assignment ends prior to the anticipated timeframe based on business needs, you will be allowed to bid on other PSE and G opportunities without Director level approval from the time you are notified your assignment will be ending through the end date of the assignment.
LOCATION: This position will be located out of our Newark Headquarters in Newark, NJ
Project : Associate Designer, Project : Designer, or Project : Lead Designer: The title, grade level and incentive target assigned to the successful candidate will be evaluated based on the skills and relevant experience of the candidate learned through the interview process.
RESPONSIBILITIES: This position includes working with multiple project teams and project engineers to develop electrical layout drawings for PSE and G Switching Stations and Substations (voltage levels from 4 kV to 500 kV). Electrical layout drawings including (but are not limited to) conceptual plans, plan and profile, general arrangement drawings, manhole and hand hole development, bus plans, station grounding details, trench and conduit plans, control house equipment layout, and station lighting.
* Electrical Layout Designer is responsible for completing all the electrical layout drawings necessary to accurately convey construction and/or fabrication instructions,
* Electrical Layout Designer is responsible for assisting engineers with conceptual design and drawing requirements,
* Electrical Layout Designer is responsible for coordinating and analyzing vendor supplied drawings and incorporating the required information into engineering drawings,
* Electrical Layout Designer is responsible for the development of detailed bill of material (B.O.M.) required to connect major substation equipment (include but not limited to GIS/GIB, transformers, circuit breakers, disconnect switches, CCVTs, wave traps, bus, etc.),
* Ability to review and comment on engineering drawings produced by external architectural and engineering (A and E) firms and/or internal designers to ensure compliance with PSE and G process, standards, and practices, constructability, maintainability, operational needs, safety and acceptable utility practice, and
* Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
* Candidate must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity,
* Successful candidate must demonstrate and value diffe
• Location: New Jersey, newark
• Post ID: 149021847 nynj