Posted: Wednesday, December 27, 2017 3:26 PM
Requisition ID: 40089
Job Function/Category: 55589
Employment Type: Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity and inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy
Lead and Manage the project engineering efforts for assigned multiple electrical switching and substation projects (4kV to 500kV Air insulated and Gas insulated) from conceptual stages and adherence to scope, schedule and budget.
Responsibility includes, but not limited to the following: Interface with other technical disciplines, project management and construction teams through all phases of assigned projects. Develop project scooping documents, develop engineering schedule and prepare cost estimates. Assist and oversee development of cost:effective and reliable station layout and one:line control drawings, protective relay, SCADA and monitoring scheme. Provide technical support during construction and commissioning stages. Resolve complex technical problems and provide solutions. Provide input in developing specification for equipment purchase. Perform engineering calculations for substation grounding grid, station battery sizing, lightning protection, voltage drop, SL and P transformer sizing, Arc flash, Cable Pull, Illumination etc. Review and approve licensing and permit packages, and construction drawings to assure all engineering standard, construction standard and safety code are met. Review and provide comments and approve control and layout construction and equipment vendor drawings. Candidate shall provide technical support for strategic management initiatives and help to set direction for the organization in regards to technical issues. Supervise and mentor young project engineer engineers.
* Candidate must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity
* Successful candidate must demonstrate and value differences in others strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
* As an employee of PSE and G, you should be aware that during storm/outage restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions different from normal operations and your regular work schedule. You may also be required to work in an alternate location.
* PSEG is proud to be an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
* B.S. in Electrical Engineering with power background
* Minimum of Eight (8) years of electric utility substation engineering experience and knowledge of electrical substation and switching station planning, design, construction and substation equipment.
* Prior experience as lead project engineer on a large:scale utility substation proejcts.
* Candidate must possess a working knowledge of utility best practices, IEEE, ASME, NEC,NESC and NEMA standard.
* Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
* Possess leadership skills, professionalism and customer/client focus
* Must have effective problem:solving and decision:making skills, strong planning and organizing skills, must be adaptable and results:oriented.
* Must have strong written and verbal communications skills
* On call 24/7 hours to handle emergency replacement work and assist during system emergency.
* Strong computer skills in MS Office applications
* Must foster an inclusive work environment and respects/encourages all aspects of diversity
* Must demonstrate and value dif
• Location: New Jersey, newark
• Post ID: 148383472 nynj