Posted: Wednesday, December 27, 2017 2:23 PM
Requisition ID: 37761
Job Function/Category: 55582
Employment Type: Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity and inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy
Important role in the centralized performance improvement group responsible for setting policy, establishing and implementing continuous improvement initiatives throughout the Service Company and PSEG.
Work with management and businesses associates to address the companys business process issues. Project initiatives include cost management, performance efficiency, process development, ownership/alignment, and other operational initiatives, in addition to include large scale transformational projects focused on supporting the companys core business results.
Develops and implements programs to establish and maintain quality standards for existing processes and services, and develops programs to focus employees on quality improvement at all levels. Supports policies, procedures, training standards, and metrics to monitor significant process and/or operational metrics and improve same.
Delivers business and process solutions that will enable the company to maintain its high performance, business leadership position in Operational Excellence, Financial Strength, and Disciplined Investment.
Supports the training of Green Belts and Black Belts. Coaches and mentors Lean Six Sigma candidates through the DMAIC methodology to ensure project success and candidate certification.
Required Skills, Competencies, Education or Experience:
* Minimum of 7 years of experience in process development, performance efficiency and/or continuous improvement or equivalent experience.
* Undergraduate degree in engineering, business administration or other highly analytical field.
* Technical mastery of Lean Six Sigma, as well as other process improvement methodologies.
* Demonstrated project management skills and ability to work multiple projects simultaneously (PMI Certification a plus).
* Strong quantitative and analytical capabilities.
* Appreciation for, and successful experience in, driving change management.
* Strong training, presentation and communication skills : both written and oral.
* Strong understanding of, and ability to explain, analytical tools and statistics.
* Demonstrated ability to lead, and coach facilitators.
* Ability to work well in team environment, with sound negotiation and problem solving skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work cross:functionally with others on sensitive issues.
* Ability to combine initiative, integrity and professional discipline to accomplish difficult tasks through other people.
* Strong leadership skills; ability to encourage and help motivate others.
* Ability to work both independently and in a team:oriented, collaborative environment.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high:pressure environment.
* Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
* Highly organized with a keen attention to detail.
* Candidate must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidate must demonstrate and value differences in others strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
Desired Skills, Competencies, Education or Experience:
* Masters degree
* Six sigma black belt certified and experience with both the delivery and deployment of business transformation projects.
As an employee of
• Location: New Jersey
• Post ID: 151726572 nynj