Posted: Sunday, February 11, 2018 12:04 AM
Requisition ID: 43741
Job Function/Category: 55600
Employment Type: Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity and inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy.
This is a Project position designed to support project work for a limited duration. While the exact duration of the project is yet to be determined, we currently anticipate a period of 3:5 years based on business needs at the present time following which you will separate from the Company. It is important for you to understand that this period may be shortened based on business needs in the future at which point you will separate from the Company. It is also important for you to understand that this employment is of a limited duration and that you will not be entitled to separation benefits under any PSEG plan at the time you separate from the Company. Director Level approval and waiver will be required for you to bid on other PSEG opportunities within the first 3 years of assignment. From year 4 through the end of your assignment, Director level approval and waiver will not be required. If your assignment ends prior to the anticipated timeframe based on business needs, you will be allowed to bid on other PSEG opportunities without Director level approval from the time you are notified your assignment will be ending through the end date of the assignment.
Provide supervision in the construction, operation and maintenance of gas distribution facilities. Achieve the desired results of the PSE and Gs Gas Distribution Field Operations through the use of PSEG Values and Behavioral Standards, sound management practice and skills and a total commitment to teamwork. Direct the team in accomplishing desired results; ensure quality and quantity of work performed is in compliance with Company standards and procedures, safe work practices and government regulations. Maximize system reliability by ensuring timely and effective planning and scheduling. Manage a team with a focus on effectively meeting goals and performance objectives. Supervise, coach, counsel, develop and recognize bargaining unit associates reporting to you. Ensure on:call coverage and accept call:out obligations. Candidate must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidate must demonstrate and value differences in others strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices. As an employee of PSE and G, you should be aware that during storm/outage restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions different from normal operations and your regular work schedule. You may also be required to work in an alternate location.
* High School graduate
* Minimum 3 years of experience in the construction/operation/maintenance of gas distribution facilities
* Knowledge of Company/Collective Bargaining Agreement.
* Experience working with DWMS; Microsoft Office
* Leadership; Strong communication skills
* Analytical skills;
* Must obtain an acceptable score on the First Line Supervisors Test (FLST) unless presently and directly supervising (i.e. responsible for performance review) blue collar, operating department/represented associates for a minimum of 12 continuous months. For those who have previously taken and received an acceptable score on the FLST but who are not presently and directly supervising represented associates, test results will be valid for a maximum period of two years from the date the test was taken. Acceptable test results exceeding
• Location: jersey city, New Jersey
• Post ID: 157955357 nynj