Posted: Wednesday, January 31, 2018 8:50 PM
Requisition ID: 42521
Job Function/Category: 55589
Employment Type: Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity and inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy
This is a Project position designed to support project work for a limited duration. While the exact duration of the project is yet to be determined, we currently anticipate a period of 3:5 years based on business needs at the present time following which you will separate from the Company. It is important for you to understand that this period may be shortened based on business needs in the future at which point you will separate from the Company. It is also important for you to understand that this employment is of a limited duration and that you will not be entitled to separation benefits under any PSEG plan at the time you separate from the Company. Director Level approval and waiver will be required for you to bid on other PSEG opportunities within the first 3 years of assignment. From year 4 through the end of your assignment, Director level approval and waiver will not be required. If your assignment ends prior to the anticipated timeframe based on business needs, you will be allowed to bid on other PSEG opportunities without Director level approval from the time you are notified your assignment will be ending through the end date of the assignment.
* Able to provide P and C design for electrical utility projects for distribution and transmission voltages of PSE and G Switching stations and Substations from 4kV up to and including 500kV.
* Proficient in working independently on the following P and C drawings: one line control diagrams, tripping tables, other one line diagrams, relay protection and control schematics, instrumentation and alarm schematics, SCADA controls, racks and panels views, wiring diagrams, control house layouts, cable schedules and bill of materials.
* Coordinate design with electrical layout designers and engineers, system protection, construction supervisors, commissioning engineers, and field personnel.
* Provide guidance and reviews of P and C design done by other A and Es or other junior designers or contractors.
* Provide technical expertise to the Divisions and construction personnel.
* Coordinate with vendors and manufacturers and review technical documentation related to P and C design.
* Lead, supervise, and mentor a team of designers and actively participate in technical discussions as needed by the projects.
* Able to organize design assignments and be the leader overseeing and checking the work of the designers and contractors.
* Proved working experience with engineering and design of microprocessor relays for transmission and distribution lines, busses, transformers, PARs, reactors, capacitors for switching stations and substations 4kV:500kV. Deep knowledge in controls of high voltage breakers, GIS, high voltage equipment monitoring and SCADA.
* Be an active participant and contributor to improvements in standards and design processes.
* Must be able to provide support during system emergencies or equipment failures.
* Ability to work extra hours on weekdays and weekends as might be needed to meet project schedules.
* Interface with other technical and project disciplines to support project schedules and milestones.
* Coordinate as required with system planners, designers, asset experts, project managers, vendors, and construction and operation personnel.
* Provide technical support during electrical construction and commissioning phases of pro
• Location: New Jersey
• Post ID: 155778482 nynj