Posted: Saturday, December 16, 2017 6:19 AM
Requisition ID: 38161
Job Function/Category: 55603
Employment Type: Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity and inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy
The primary responsibilities include category management and strategic sourcing for several Material and Service categories. Responsible for identifying, developing and implementing category plans with spend in both specific lines of business and across Enterprise. A Category lead will manage several material and service sub:categories.
This position is an individual contributor role supporting the development and implementation of multi:year strategic plans aligned to operational goals that identify and bring maximum value for the Enterprise. The Category Lead supports the development of sourcing strategies using innovative procurement and electronic commerce tools to leverage total spend and drive savings to PSEG, while providing consistent quality and service levels. The Category Lead must plan and complete spend analyses, market analyses, sourcing projects, negotiations, contract execution, implementation, and supplier performance / supplier relationship management for the sub:categories for which he / she is responsible. The Category Lead will lead cross:functional business teams to implement multi:year strategic plans. The Category Lead will achieve results through supplier measurement evaluations, comprehensive periodic performance tracking, reporting of results and instituting continuous improvement programs with key suppliers.
Responsibilities include fostering change management, client relationship management, communicating contractual commitments across the Enterprise, and representing PSEG in the external marketplace. The Category Lead has no direct reports but will lead cross:functional teams in reviewing and evaluating the categories for which he / she is responsible. The Category Lead will track short: and long:term performance.
Required Skills, Competencies, Education and Experience:
* A minimum of 5 years of procurement, category management, contract management or strategic sourcing experience.
* A bachelors degree in business, finance, scientific discipline or relevant field is required.
* Candidate must have a valid driver license and be able to travel 20 of the time.
* Candidate must demonstrate experience / familiarity with material and service category management, contract management, and supplier management.
* Strong analytical, market analysis and cost modeling skills.
* Team facilitation, presentation and team leadership skills.
* Must have experience with and the potential to lead large complex work teams and projects across business units.
* Strong change management (people and process) skills and client relationship skills.
* Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to make clear and concise presentations in front of large audiences.
* Thorough knowledge of contract terms and strong negotiation skills.
* Strong computer skills: Excel, Word and Power Point.
Desired Skills, Competencies, Education and Experience:
*MBA in business, finance or scientific field.
* Knowledge of SAP, Ariba, MS Office including Access, Microsoft Project, quality control systems (ISO, QS and Lean six sigma), e:sourcing and e:procurement applications a plus.
As an employee of PSE and G or PSEG Long Island, you should
• Location: New Jersey
• Post ID: 150388132 nynj