Posted: Thursday, February 1, 2018 11:00 PM
Requisition ID: 43781
Job Function/Category: 55596
Employment Type: Non:Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity and inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide high quality legal secretarial and administrative support to the Litigation practice group handling various litigated matters. Provide back up support in the absence of other secretarial and clerical associates in the Law Department.
- Successful candidate must remain in position for at least 2 years
-Work independently on confidential, time sensitive assignments using judgment and initiative.
-Prepare, proofread and edit legal documents for accuracy and completeness.
-Perform clerical duties that include typing and filing.
-Screen, direct and prioritize incoming correspondence and phone calls to appropriate parties.
-Maintain and coordinate attorney calendars.
-Responsible for administrative functions necessary to support the Litigation practice group, including maintaining attorney files, updating case and counsel lists, tracking case deadlines, corresponding with the court, clients and opposing counsel, organizing client conferences and meetings, processing expense reports and ensuring timely file close:outs.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- At least 3 years performing legal secretarial work at a law firm or equivalent.
- Successful candidate must remain in position for at least 2 years.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications, including Microsoft Office products with emphasis on Microsoft Word.
- Candidate must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidate must demonstrate and value differences in others strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
- Demonstrated customer focus.
- Candidate must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, have the ability to work independently, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Candidate should also possess excellent organizational and multi:tasking skills and be proficient in computer applications. E:filing experience preferred.
- Must be able to work proactively in a fast paced time sensitive environment, handling a large volume of work efficiently and competently.
As an employee of PSE and G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site (pseg) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non:discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a dis
• Location: New Jersey
• Post ID: 157955352 nynj