Customer Operations Supervisor/Sr. Customer Operations Supervisor : Field and Metering Operations -
Posted: Saturday, January 13, 2018 10:18 AM
Requisition ID: 41741
Job Function/Category: 55600
Employment Type: Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity and inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy.
This position is part of a multi:level series (Grades 26/27). Determination of the grade level to be assigned will be based on experience and competencies of the successful candidate. Role requires direct supervision of associates in a union environment, with a strong emphasis on managing and developing individual performance. Monitor and analyze individual performance on a daily basis, in an effort to achieve established scorecard targets and drive employee performance. Set priorities for the team to ensure effective workload management. Motivate, coach and develop personnel towards high levels of performance, quality, and technical competence. With oversight from manager, resolve employee relations/industrial relations matters to ensure consistency across the department and in compliance with policies, procedures and/or business plan. Plan, organize and coordinate a diverse workforce on a short: and long:term basis to ensure work is done safely and efficiently; to maximize operational effectiveness; and to achieve department targets. Position requires a high level of teamwork and coordination with internal team members and external stakeholders. Supervise and lead by initiating, guiding, supporting and motivating associates. Organize and lead team meetings. Plan and organize activities/projects. Analyze data to assess business performance and adjust local procedures as appropriate. Maintain staff levels/requirements to best meet business needs. Achieve operational excellence and safe work behaviors through leadership, teamwork and effective communication. Learn, maintain and apply working knowledge of PSEG Standards for Business Controls and meet managements expectation for effective internal business controls. Location and shift of supervisory roles can vary depending on operational needs.
Grade 26 Requirements:
* Bachelors Degree or equivalent relevant work experience.
* Strong performance record.
* Experience in meter reading operations. Broad knowledge and experience with Customer Service operations, familiarity with the meter:to:cash process, and related scorecard metrics and controls.
* Demonstrated strong leadership skills; Able to assume all aspects of the supervision of personnel
* Technical and analytical/problem:solving expertise
* Ability to make decisions, proactively resolve issues, and provide short/long term operational and performance improvement recommendations.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Able to work independently; prioritize work; meet deadlines and targets
* Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with management, colleagues and customers
* Broad knowledge of business and technical aspects of the job, including financial and cost management
* Strong MS Office skills
* General knowledge of SAP CCS and the UWUA Bargaining Agreement
* Valid drivers license required
Grade 27 Requirements:
* Bachelors degree or equivalent relevant work experience, with a minimum of 3 years in a first line supervisor role in a union environment.
* Strong performance record.
* Clearly demonstrated individual and team leadership on critical projects or initiatives, with a record of meeting deadlines and targets, driving results and continuous improvement
* Demonstrated ability to lead, develop and motivate high performing
• Location: New Jersey, newark
• Post ID: 153305087 nynj